Hello everyone! Sorry about not posting yesterday; uni has gone back and I am tired! Today I am chatting about a highlighter that will let you glow on a budget. The highlighter in question is the Makeup Revolution Highlighter Skin Kiss. I personally use Ice Kiss for my white as skin, however, there is a Sun Kiss version for those of you with pigment to their face!
If you’re anything like me, you’re a big fan of glowing to the sky and back. You want to blind people with your highlighter. This is the highlighter for you then!
This has a really huge Jeffree Star style pan which is totally amazing. I always feel like I get an amazing bargain with a large pan size. The packaging is a somewhat ch
eap plastic, but that doesn’t worry me too much. There’s no mirror, I do wish there was one as I like compacts to have mirrors, but that isn’t a hugely massive problem either.
This is the most well-priced highlighter I have ever owned, this is $12 NZD ($8.66 USD). It performs better than other higher end highlighters that I have owned which says something (hint: it’s a really good highlighter). I personally love when you buy a less expensive product, and it still turns out to be really good. I was dubious when I bought this, but it has become probably my favorite highlighter.
For formula, you have to take into account the way it works, feels and performs, and also the ingredients list.
I really love the way this highlighter works, feels and performs. It is incredibly soft and feels really nice, however, it can be a little powdery. I always have a small amount of fall out around the compact, but that doesn’t bother me too much. It is a slightly more glittery highlighter than others out there, so if you were wanting more of a dewy skin like glow, this might not be for you. However, I think this could still work as when putting on the skin, it somehow manages to melt and sink in, giving a beautiful, blinding glow.
The ingredients in this are a slight issue for those who worry about ingredients. All the toxicity scores below are from the EWG Cosmetics Database
- Mica – Toxicity Score of Low 1-2
- Talc – Toxicity Score of Fair/Medium 3
- Magnesium Stearate – Toxicity Score Low of 1
- Paraffinum Liquidum – Toxicity Score of Low to Fair 1-3 depending on dosage (This is a mineral oil, I talk about these in my Nivea Lipbalm Post here)
- Ethylhexyl Palmitate – Toxicity Score Low 1
- Polybutene – Toxicity Score Low 1
- Dimethicone – Toxicity Score of Fair/Medium 3
- Methylparaben – Toxicity Score of Medium 4 (This is a paraben Y’all. There bad news if you search them up on the internet. I’ll hopefully write a piece about them soon too)
- Propylparaben – Toxicity Score of High 7 (this is another worse paraben! Oh no!!!)
- BHT – Toxicity Score of Medium 4
- CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) – Toxicity Score of low to medium 1-3 depending on dosage
- CI 77491 & CI15850 & CI7707 – Found no information on these, but as they’re at the bottom of the list, there is less of these in the formula than anything else.
This formula has some good ingredients, some okay, and some downright bad. Having the parabens is an issue
I think that this is fantastic not just for the price, but for a highlighter in general. I hate that it has some ingredients in it that truly aren’t any good, but unfortunately, that encompasses a lot of cosmetics anyway; it’s not necessarily a price thing. I think that this is a great blinding highlighter, and when you’re paying $12 for 14grams of product, that’s a pretty great deal.
What do yall think? Do you have a favourite highlighter?
Also, check out my post where I put all my highlighters on my face here!